Important information for students currently using the RefME citation software.
RefME has been acquired by Chegg, Inc. and from February 28th it will become Cite This for Me . You will be able to access your RefME account on Cite This for Me and you’ll still be able to easily create accurate citations in thousands of styles and have mobile tools through Cite This For Me’s mobile apps.
What’s staying the same?
- Cite This for Me offers the same core citation features that allow users to automatically and accurately create citations, bibliographies, and reference lists.
What will be different?
- Chrome Extension – The Cite This for Me Chrome extension is available, but does not support adding annotations.
- Mobile App – The RefME mobile app will no longer be supported. Instead, you can access your work and create citations with the Cite This for Me mobile app after February 28th. Note that the Cite This For Me App does not support photo quotes or journal camera lookup.
- Accounts – You will still be able to create citations and bibliographies, but the ability to create an account and save projects will become paid features. Current free users will be given account access through June 1, 2017. Afterward, you can subscribe to Cite This For Me or use the service without account and project management.
- Word Add-on – The Word add-on for Cite This For Me will only support Windows, versions 2007 to present. It does not support MAC.
For more information on the RefME / Cite This For Me see RefME FAQ about the transition.