The Knowledge Base is a new service for students. It’s a range of online guides, workshops and drop-in sessions supporting your academic development at the University of Glasgow. We will be adding resources over the next few months as we develop this new initiative. You can keep up to date with Knowledge Base by following our twitter account @UofGLibrary #KnowledgeBase
What is the Knowledge Base?
- It’s about gaining new skills to help you through your studies as well as developing those you already have
- You choose to develop the skills relevant to you, at times and in formats that suit you best.
- It’s a great way to get the most out of your time at Glasgow; to make the best use of all of the specialist resources and support the Library has to offer.
- The Knowledge Base offers support to the whole student community, regardless of your subject and location at all stages of undergraduate and postgraduate study.
- Supporting students on campuses in Glasgow, Crichton and around world to connect you to the vital support and resources that you need, when you need it.
Look our for Knowledge Base Drop-In Sessions
Starting this week, there will be twice-weekly drop-in’s throughout Semester 1 offering 20 min sessions on Library Basics, Reading Lists, Exam Papers, E-Resources and Top Databases for your subject. These will all take place in our Clyde Theatre on Level 2. All welcome, no need to sign up.
Look out for Knowledge Base on your course
Some of you will have the opportunity to experience the KB online resources and face-to-face sessions embedded as part of your courses. This is where the Library has partnered with course convenors to create resources that provide you with the skills and tools you need to complete coursework.