BoB, Learning on Screen’s on demand TV and radio service for education has been upgraded. The new upgraded BoB has been live from 1st August with a fresh look, enhanced video quality and more powerful searching capabilities. Here’s what you need to know about the upgrade…
Limited content and functionality during upgrade period
Throughout August work will be ongoing to fully upgrade the system but unfortunately, some of the archive content and some functionality won’t be available during this upgrade period.
From 1st August you won’t be able to access your saved clips and playlists, but don’t worry these will be accessible again in September. You may not be able to access some archive content broadcast before 1st July, too. There will be some programmes in the archive available before this date but not everything. The archive content and enhanced functionality will be restored in September, along with all the exciting new features. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during the upgrade period.
Upgrade features coming September 2016…
- A platform working across desktop, iOS and Android devices
- Media records based on our TRILT metadata, supporting more powerful searching capabilities
- Better programme coverage and a permanent archive of all content from nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 / More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC Radio 4 Extra
- Better thumbnail previews on search results
- Preview clips before saving
- Label your own clips
- Personalised email alerts when your programmes are ready to view
- More detailed citation data
Upgrade promo video
To promote the BoB upgrade to students the provider has released a short video highlighting all the exciting improvements. Please feel free to share this.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.