Are you looking for funds to publicise an article you’ve written?

The University has some funds available to help staff and research students, whose work has been funded from public funds, to pay for Open Access to articles that have been accepted for publication before 31st March 2013.

  • Did public funding contribute to the work behind an article you have written?  For example did you have a grant from a Research Council or the Chief Scientist’s Office?
  • Does the funder, for example the Research Council, mandate open access?
  • Does the publisher of your article say you cannot make it publicly available free of charge?  If you are not sure we can check for you.

If you have an article that fits these criteria we may be able to cover the open access cost to allow the article to be made freely available.

Not sure what all this means?  Got questions?  Please do contact us.

Please email  If you have an urgent publication deadline or press release please use the  ‘! ‘ high importance flag on your email and we will prioritise your enquiry.

A template of the key information we need to administer this is available via this link open access article details

Categories: Library

1 reply


  1. Open Access | The Gilchrist Postgraduate Club

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: