Today sees the launch of our Malcolm Campbell Ltd catalogue. The name will be a familiar one to those who remember the railway station kiosks which stretched from Glasgow Central to Crew, or the flagship store in Union Street, below:
Renowned for their unusual and inventive window displays and floral arrangements, the collection reflects this, containing several photographs of store fronts, interiors, kiosks, and floral decoration from the early 1900s to the 1990s. The collection also contains newspaper cuttings, minutes, and shareholder records.
The company was one of the first to have a female director and chairman, Helen M Campbell, pictured below in the boardroom. Mrs Campbell assumed the role following the death of her husband in 1940, and did so until 1952.
Categories: Archive Services (GUAS)