What is the Library Research Annexe?.
- The Library Research Annexe (LRA) currently houses over 11 km of monograph books, print periodicals, microfilms, Parliamentary Papers, newspapers and second copies of Glasgow University theses at our off-campus store located at Hamiltonhill.
- All of this material is available to borrow, upon request, for Glasgow University Library members.
How do I request this material?
- If you find a required item on the Library Catalogue with a ‘Library Research Annexe’ location, simply fill in the online form using the bibliographic details (author, title, shelf mark etc.) from the Catalogue record.
- Remember to add your own details (Library card number, e-mail address etc.) so we can contact you about your request.
How soon will I receive the material, and where do I go to collect it?
- Requests submitted by 10 a.m. are usually available by 1 p.m. on the same day.
- Unrestricted material is made available for collection from the Library Services Desk on Level 2 of the Main Library.
- Items designated ‘For Consultation Only’ are normally delivered to the Special Collection Department on Level 12.
- If you are unsure of where to collect your material, don’t worry! All readers are contacted by e-mail to advise when their material is ready for collection, and full instructions are included on where to collect it from.
Can I make a personal visit to LRA?
- Yes – we are open for personal visits between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday. No appointment is necessary, but if you contact us first (details below) we can fetch material in advance of your visit.
- At the LRA, we provide excellent on site consultation facilities, free parking for visitors, clear signage and 24 hour on site security.
For further information, including a map and travel directions to the LRA, please visit our information page.
You can contact the LRA via telephone (0141) 332 9129 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org