A new, multi media, Moodle course is now available to all staff and students of the University. We hope it will guide all new users of the Library through their first few weeks here.
The course covers the following topics:
- Why Use the Library?
- Getting into the Building
- Zoning of Study Areas
- PCs, Printers, and Laptops
- How to log in to a student PC
- How to connect your computer to the University network
- Finding, borrowing and returning books
- How to find out if the Library has a book you need
- How to borrow (self-issue) a book from short loan
- How to return a book that you’ve borrowed from short loan
- Finding journals and journal articles
- How to access electronic journals
- How to find an individual journal TITLE
- How to find a journal ARTICLE
- Eating and Drinking
- Your Subject
There are also some subject specific introductory courses. To explore what the Library is currently offering why not browse our Information Skills Courses Moodle page?
Tags: books, borrow, building, computer, ejournals, entrance, find, information literacy, information skills, introduction, issue, journals, laptop, location, login, short loan, SLC, ten steps, zones, zoning